IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT COMMENTS

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN DISABLED

Because of spam, I personally moderate all comments left on my blog. However, because of health issues, I will not be able to do so in the future.

If you have a personal question about LI or any related topic you can send me an email at stevecarper@cs.com. I will try to respond.

Otherwise, this blog is now a legacy site, meaning that I am not updating it any longer. The basic information about LI is still sound. However, product information and weblinks may be out of date.

In addition, my old website, Planet Lactose, has been taken down because of the age of the information. Unfortunately, that means links to the site on this blog will no longer work.

For quick offline reference, you can purchase Planet Lactose: The Best of the Blog as an ebook on Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com. Almost 100,000 words on LI, allergies, milk products, milk-free products, and the genetics of intolerance, along with large helpings of the weirdness that is the Net.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Shabtai Gourmet Gluten-Free Bakery

Andrew Itzkowitz, of the Shabtai Gourmet Gluten-Free Bakery, let me know about his father's "amazing cakes & cookies that are gluten free, casein free, soy free, lactose free, dairy free and corn free, as well as certified Kosher Parve & Kosher for Passover."

He has been baking for about 30 years, and has perfected his take on All-American gluten-free desserts. Items such as Ring Tings, Brownie Bites and Devils Food Seven Layer cakes are all award winning and taste just like the type of junk food items one could purchase at a 7-Eleven or at any gas station in America. Our sweets have been compared to Little Debbie & Hostess cakes, the major difference being that all of his sweets are free of multiple allergens! Many who suffer from gluten allergies usually need to avoid other key ingredients as well.

We are a family owned and operated bakery based in Long Island, NY. My mother Cindy is President and founded the company in 2001. My father is the genius baker behind the gluten-free recipes. My younger brother Devin (age 10) attends sales meetings with my mom, most recently at a Wal-Mart corporate office in South Florida, and has a cake named after him - "Devintown Railroad Cake," because he loves trains. My sister Stephanie was the inspiration for Shabtai's Marzipan Sushi creation. Sweet Stephie's Samba Sushi won first place for best new Kosher for Passover & gluten free dessert at last year's Kosher-fest Convention! I have been working on sales and marketing, along with my mother.


You can find the Bakery's website at www.cinderellasweets.com or at www.shabtai-gourmet.com/. They say they give free shipping on all orders within the continental United States.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: