IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT COMMENTS

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN DISABLED

Because of spam, I personally moderate all comments left on my blog. However, because of health issues, I will not be able to do so in the future.

If you have a personal question about LI or any related topic you can send me an email at stevecarper@cs.com. I will try to respond.

Otherwise, this blog is now a legacy site, meaning that I am not updating it any longer. The basic information about LI is still sound. However, product information and weblinks may be out of date.

In addition, my old website, Planet Lactose, has been taken down because of the age of the information. Unfortunately, that means links to the site on this blog will no longer work.

For quick offline reference, you can purchase Planet Lactose: The Best of the Blog as an ebook on Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com. Almost 100,000 words on LI, allergies, milk products, milk-free products, and the genetics of intolerance, along with large helpings of the weirdness that is the Net.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Predicting Dairy Allergies -- With a Pendulum?

Some people are so many standard deviations removed from the norm that mockery is less the proper response than a simple dropping of the jaw in disbelief.

Take Betty Meyler, president of Ireland's UFO Society. While yesterday I noted that Allergy N I has established a clinic for allergies in Ireland, Meyler scoffs at such mainstream and scientific methods of gaining information.

In an interview with Matt Gregg of the University Observer, Meyler had this to say:

"Are you familiar with pendulums?" she suddenly interjected. ... "I have a rose quartz pendulum on a little silver chain," she continued. "For me, if I ask it a question and the answer’s 'yes', it will go round and round. If the answer’s 'no', it will go up and down. ... I can use it for anything," she explains, "from discovering if I had a milk allergy to predicting where the next UFO sighting would be. My source of information is wherever I wish it to come from. For example, if I’m doing UFO stuff, I’ll call on Commander Ashta. Commander Ashta is the commander-in-chief of the intergalactic forces."

Too bad the rest of the world didn't know about this sooner. Allergy N I could have been spared all that tiresome research. Instead we could watch the pendulum go round and round or up and down or over under sideways down.
Over under sideways down,
Backwards forwards square and round.
Over under sideways down,
Backwards forwards square and round.
When will it end, when will it end,
When will it end, when will it end.

When will it end? Please, could someone tell me?

Bookmark and Share

No comments: